LYCLEAR 5% W/W DERMAL CREAM 30g
Lyclear dermal cream contains the active ingredient permethrin (5%w/w), which is an insecticide used to treat scabies and crab lice.
The cream is applied over the whole body and the permethrin kills these parasites on the skin surface by poisoning them.
The treatment should be repeated after seven days to kill any parasites surviving the first treatment or that have emerged from surviving eggs.
- All members of the affected household should be treated at the same time.
- Lyclear dermal cream should be applied evenly over the whole body, including the external genitals, buttocks, wrists, elbows, armpits, palms of the hands, soles of the feet, areas between fingers and toes and underneath the fingernails and toenails. You should also treat the neck, face, ears and scalp, but avoid the areas around the eyes.
- Adults, including elderly people, should use up to one 30g tube for one treatment. Larger people may require up to two tubes.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years should be treated with up to half a 30g tube. Children aged two months to six years should be treated with up to one quarter of a 30g tube. With children you should avoid applying the cream to areas around their mouth to avoid it being licked off. If the child is likely to put their hands in their mouth they should wear gloves.
- Leave the cream on the skin for 8 to 12 hours (you won’t be able to see it) and then thoroughly wash the whole body. For example, you could apply the cream at bedtime and wash it off in the morning.
- If you need to wash a treated area within the 8 to 12 hour period, for example your hands, then you should reapply the cream to that area after each time you wash.
- The treatment should be repeated after seven days
Crab lice –
- Adults should apply enough cream to cover the entire body, including the pubic region, area around the anus, inner thighs down to the knees and any hair that grows up from the pubic area to the chest/stomach. You should also apply it to the scalp, neck and face, particularly facial hair (beards, moustaches) and eyebrows. Take care to avoid the eyes. If you find live lice or eggs on the eyelashes they should be removed carefully using tweezers. Don’t apply the cream to the eyelashes because it can cause moderate eye irritation.
- Leave the cream on the skin and hair for 12 hours (you won’t be able to see it) and then thoroughly wash it off. For example, you could apply the cream at bedtime and wash it off in the morning.
- The treatment should be repeated after seven days.