NICOTINELL COOL MINT 2MG 96'S
Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains nicotine, which is one of the substances contained in tobacco.
This medicinal product belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you to stop smoking.
What are Nicotinell 2mg Mint Lozenges used for?
- Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains nicotine, which is one of the substances contained in tobacco.
- This medicinal product belongs to a group of medicines which are used to help you to stop smoking.
- When sucked, nicotine is released slowly and absorbed through the lining of the mouth.
- This medicinal product is used to relieve the nicotine withdrawal symptoms in nicotine dependency, as an aid to smoking cessation.
- Patient counselling and support normally improve the success rate.
- Always take Nicotinell Mint Lozenge exactly as stated in this package leaflet. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- To improve your chances of giving up smoking you should stop smoking completely when you start to use the lozenges and for the whole treatment period.
How to use
Nicotinell Mint Lozenge is available in two strengths: 1 and 2 mg. The appropriate dose will depend on your previous smoking habits. You should use the 2 mg Nicotinell Mint lozenge if:
- You are a smoker with a strong or very strong nicotine dependency,
- You have previously failed to stop smoking with the 1 mg lozenge,
- Your withdrawal symptoms remain so strong as to threaten relapse. Otherwise 1 mg Nicotinell Mint lozenge should be used.
If an adverse event occurs with the use of the high dose (2 mg lozenge), use of the low dose (1 mg lozenge) should be considered. Instructions for use:
- Suck a lozenge until the taste becomes strong.
- Allow the lozenge to rest between your gum and cheek.
- Suck again when the taste has faded.
- Repeat this routine until the lozenge dissolves completely (about 30 minutes).
Dosage for adults over 18 years:
- Suck one lozenge when you feel the urge to smoke.in general one lozenge should be taken every one or two hours.
- Normally 8-12 lozenges per day are sufficient. If you still experience an urge to smoke, you can suck additional lozenges.
- Do not exceed 15 lozenges per day of the 2 mg strength.
The treatment duration is individual. Normally, treatment should continue for at least 3 months. After 3 months, you should gradually reduce the number of lozenges used each day. Treatment should be stopped when you have reduced your use of the lozenge to 1-2 lozenges per day. It is generally not recommended to use Nicotinell Mint lozenge for longer than 6 months. However, some ex-smokers may need treatment with the lozenge longer to avoid returning to smoking. If you are still using the lozenge after 9 months, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Counselling may improve your chances of giving up smoking.
Children and adolescents (Nicotinell should not be used by people under 18 years of age without recommendation from a doctor.
What does it contain
- The active substance is nicotine.Each piece of Nicotinell Mint lozenge contains 2 mg nicotine (as 6.144 mg nicotine bitartrate dihydrate).
- The other ingredients are: maltitol(E965),sodiumcarbonateanhydrous,sodium hydrogen carbonate, polyacrylate, xanthan gum, colloidal anhydrous silica, levomenthol, peppermint oil, aspartame (E951), magnesium stearate.
Always read the enclosed leaflet before use